Also included in
- With this bundle of my complete teaching packs for the key reading anchor standards, you'll be set to provide your students with fundamental instruction that will ensure their success with demonstrating college and career level readiness of the anchor standards for reading. Using these skills-readi$59.99$76.50Save $16.51
Symbolism can be one of the most difficult elements of literature to teach, but this classroom-tested teaching pack provides an interesting and engaging way to present and/or practice symbolism to your students. In this low-prep lesson, you'll have everything you need to teach, practice, and test this concept with any literary text or poem.
Student Experience: Students take notes about the concept of symbolism, take a look at examples from literature, and then practice their understanding by participating in a gallery walk with beautiful photography rich with symbolism. It's interactive, meaningful, and fun!
- Lesson with modern video links to immediately engage students and a video tutorial (via youtube); text-based option suggested, editable
- 10 original full-color images for interactive Gallery Walk
- Sketch notes for note taking during the lecture
- Graphic organizer for use with any text after the lecture ends
Classroom success stories from other teachers who love this resource:
♥ "I loved this! This was a well-done lesson to introduce symbolism for the first time or a great refresher! I used it before teaching THE DEVIL'S ARITHMETIC and it was amazing how well the kids grasped it!"
♥ "This lesson and activity worked really well with my students. It is a hard concept to grasp and this gave them more practice."
♥ "Very easy to use! Loved this in my photography class!"
♥ "I love to use a gallery walk as an introductory activity, so I knew this lesson was for me. It's excellent, as everything is from this seller, and I plan to use it with The Great Gatsby."
♥ "Great resource with beautiful pictures!"
♥ "Great and interesting lesson. I loved the task card walk and so did my students."
♥ "Used during an admin observation. It really helped with the flow of my lesson and the kids were engaged. Thanks."
Each of my ELA skills-readiness lesson packs includes a teacher's guide lesson plan, an easy-to-use PPT lecture explaining the concept, guided practice, opportunity for collaborative and individual practice, and a form of assessment. See my other English standards teaching packs while you’re here, too, and teach the fundamental skills first for success!
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration: